Why Join Oregon State Credit Union?
People often ask what the difference is between a local credit union, like Oregon State Credit Union, and a bank. The most significant difference is ownership. Unlike a bank, a credit union is a financial cooperative — people with common interests who have joined together to help one another save and borrow. Each Oregon State Credit Union member has an equal share or say in how the credit union is run. This is most prevalent in our unpaid board of directors who are elected from among our members. This helps ensure we function in the best interests of our membership as opposed to delivering profits to a group of stockholders.
The other fundamental difference is that credit unions operate as not-for-profit organizations, exempting them from federal and state income taxes. We return the remaining proceeds after business expenses to our membership in the form of enhanced services, convenient account access, reduced fees, competitive yields and rates, and various free and reduced-fee services.
Oregon State Credit Union is a full-service, community based and operated financial institution that provides a complete range of financial products and services, including investment, real estate, and small business lending to our members with the convenience, ease, affordability and dependability that only a member-owned cooperative can offer.
Additional membership benefits
- Free online account access and bill pay
- Free automated phone access teller
- Free estatements
- Access to hundreds of shared branches through the CU Service Center
- Access to thousands of surcharge-free ATMs nationwide through the CO-OP Network
- Member Merits – Members can receive additional financial benefits based on the depth of your relationship with Oregon State Credit Union
- Invest in America – Credit union members can receive terrific discounts on a new car, online shopping, flowers, wireless services and more
- SavvyMoney – Free, thorough, online financial assessment brought to you by Oregon State Credit Union in minutes.