Online access: Update your member ID by January 22
Oregon State Credit Union cares deeply about keeping your money safe while providing easy access to your accounts. With the continued growth of online banking, there are increased needs for greater security standards. On January 22, security enhancements to online and mobile account access will require all users to log in using a unique member ID (instead of an Oregon State Credit Union member number).
What to expect on January 22
- Security enhancements to online and mobile account access will require all users to log in using a unique member ID (instead of an Oregon State Credit Union member number).
- Computer users will be prompted to complete a one-time authentication process upon first login. This will verify your current phone number(s) and email address.
- Mobile users will be prompted to complete a device verification upon first login. You will only have to go through this process once per device. (Users of our Android and iPhone apps will be prompted about two weeks later.)
- Online account access and bill pay will look and feel slightly different.
How to prepare for January 22
- If you have not created a unique member ID, please follow the directions below to ensure uninterrupted service.
- Download our Transition Guide, which has an overview of changes, step-by-step login instructions, and helpful information for bill pay, Quicken and Quickbooks users. Browser requirements and settings, and information regarding public computers and multifactor authentication are also included.
Directions to update your member ID:
- Log in to online account access from a desktop/laptop computer
- Select the “User Options” tab at the top of the page
- Scroll down to “Change Member ID”
- Create a new member ID that meets the new criteria
- Click the “Accept” button
Note: After creating your unique member ID, use it to log in to your online account instead of your Oregon State Credit Union account number. Your current password will remain unchanged.
Member ID minimum security requirements:
- Does not include your Oregon State Credit Union member number
- Must be 6 to 20 characters in length
- Must contain at least one letter
- Optional: may include one of the following special characters: @$*-=.!
Frequently asked questions
Looking for more information? Click here to see frequently asked questions that cover first time log in, how to update a member ID, using your phone, password change, and more.