Financial education resources
We encourage financial literacy for our members – that’s one of the ways we’re different from a bank. By providing helpful resources and tips for making informed financial decisions, we help to educate our members and make them smarter consumers of financial products and services.
An educated membership is at the heart of the credit union difference. Use these resources to go beyond the basics of personal finances. Learn how to live debt free, how you can improve your credit score, what to do if you can’t pay your taxes, how to save money on college textbooks and much more.
- Can you afford a 0% interest auto loan?
- How to buy a car
- How to buy a used car
- Smart car buying tips
- Discover the satisfaction of saving money
- Finding ways to cut costs
- Giving an allowance can teach children good money habits
- How to build a budget
- How to create a spending budget
- How to teach your kids about money
- Keep your financial resolutions
- Tax filing tips from Oregon State Credit Union
- Teach kids to set savings goals
- What to do when you can't pay your taxes
Credit and credit score
- Five ways your credit score can affect your life
- How your credit score is calculated
- Nine ways to improve your credit score
- What is a credit utilization ratio?
- What is installment credit?
- What is revolving credit?
- Why you should care about rising interest rates
- EMV chip card frequently asked questions
- Habits of a responsible credit card user
- How to cancel a credit card
- What is a Visa chip card?
- How debt consolidation can reduce your debt and improve your cash flow
- Make a debt reduction plan
- Seven steps to reduce debt and improve your credit score
- Understand your debt
- Avoid fraud and scams
- Avoid scams during the holidays
- Avoid student-focused scams
- Be safe at the ATM
- Beware of fake check scams
- Beware of social media scammers
- Educate yourself about tax scams
- How to protect your identity from email, phone and online fraud
- Learn how to protect your identity
- Our commitment to your security
- Protect the deceased from identity theft
- Avoid these harmful home equity practices
- Follow these steps to get your Oregon State Credit Union home loan
- Home buying tips
- How to refinance your home
- Is a home equity line of credit right for you?
- Mortgage rates are great
- Questions to ask before you apply for a home equity loan
- Refinancing their mortgage saved one couple $767 in monthly payments
- Save money each month by refinancing your house
- Three ways to tap into the equity in your home
- When is a home equity loan or line of credit a smart choice?
- Big picture costs factor into your choice of RV
- Can I deduct the interest on my RV loan?
- RV buying classifications
- What you need to know before buying your first RV
- How to save for college
- Plan for the indirect costs of college
- Save money on college textbooks
- Scholarship award displacement could reduce your student aid
- The high cost of back-to-school
Go to main navigation