The right coverage is an important element of your financial plan. You can’t predict the future but you can prepare for unplanned events. To help you, your credit union makes these options available.
- At Oregon State Credit Union, your deposits are federally insured and fully protected through the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA), a U.S. government agency. The NCUA is the federal agency that administers the National Credit Union Share Insurance Fund (NCUSIF). The NCUSIF is a federal insurance fund backed by the full faith and credit of the U.S. Government. Each account holder’s funds are insured to at least $250,000, and retirement accounts such as individual retirement accounts and Keoghs are separately insured up to $250,000.
Guaranteed Asset Protection (GAP)
- Learn more about Guaranteed Asset Protection here.
Insurance through Investment Services*
- Learn more about how our CFS Financial Advisors can help you sort out your insurance protection needs.
Mechanical Repair Coverage
- Learn more about how this service protects you against many of the costly repairs no longer covered by the manufacturer’s warranty.
- Payment protection is a low cost way to ensure your loan payments are made if you unexpectedly get hurt or sick, pass away or lose your job. You and your family will have peace of mind knowing that your loan obligations won’t become a financial burden if something happens to you. Options include:
- Death — Give your family time to get back on their feet financially.
- Disability — Help avoid bills piling up as you try to regain your health and earning capacity.
- Involuntary unemployment — Ensure that one of your major monthly expenses will be taken care of as you search for new employment.
- For just pennies on the dollar, payment protection is affordable. Unlike many other other types of coverage, the cost of payment protection is based on the declining balance of your loan principal and is included in your monthly payments. That way you pay as you go and as you need. Get a free online quote for payment protection.
* Non-deposit investment products and services are offered through CUSO Financial Services, L.P. (“CFS”), a registered broker-dealer (Member FINRA / SIPC ) and SEC Registered Investment Advisor. Products offered through CFS: are not NCUA/NCUSIF or otherwise federally insured, are not guarantees or obligations of the credit union, and may involve investment risk including possible loss of principal. Investment Representatives are registered through CFS. The Credit Union has contracted with CFS to make non-deposit investment products and services available to credit union members.