Business certificate rates, fees and disclosure
|Term||Balances of $500 - $24,999||Balances of $25,000 - $99,999||Balances of $100,000 and more|
|Annual Percentage Yield (APY)||0.30%||0.50%||0.75%|
|Annual Percentage Yield (APY)||1.35%||1.55%||1.65%|
|Annual Percentage Yield (APY)||1.65%||1.85%||1.95%|
|Annual Percentage Yield (APY)||1.95%||2.15%||2.25%|
|Annual Percentage Yield (APY)||2.05%||2.25%||2.35%|
|Annual Percentage Yield (APY)||2.25%||2.45%||2.55%|
Business Certificate of Deposit Account features:
- Tiered interest rate, compounded daily and paid monthly
- Minimum $500 opening deposit
- Flexible terms range from 182 days - 5 years
- Earned interest can be withdrawn without penalty before certificate matures
- Accounts are federally insured by the NCUA up to $250,000
Business certificate disclosure
Each business certificate account holder agrees to the terms set forth in this certificate account rates and disclosure and the Business Truth in Savings disclosure and acknowledges that it is part of the Membership and Account Agreement.
- Rate Information: The Dividend Rates and Annual Percentage Yields are based upon the balance ranges as set forth in the Certificate Account Rates chart. The Annual Percentage Yield is a percentage rate that reflects the total amount of dividends to be paid on an account based on the Dividend Rate and frequency of compounding for an annual period. The Dividend Rate and Annual Percentage Yield are fixed and will be in effect for the term of the Account.
- Compounding and Crediting: Dividends will be compounded daily and credited monthly. The Dividend Period begins on the first calendar day of the month and ends on the last calendar day of the month.
- Balance Information: The minimum balance required to open and maintain each account is $500. Dividends are calculated by the daily balance method which applies a daily periodic rate to the principal in the account each day.
- Accrual of Dividends: Dividends begin to accrue on cash and non-cash (i.e., checks) deposits on the business day you make the deposit to your account.
- Transaction Limitations: After your account is opened, you may not make additional deposits to your certificate account. You may make dividend withdrawals. A withdrawal of dividends will reduce earnings.
- Maturity: Your account will mature within the term set forth at the time of opening your certificate.
- Early Withdrawal Penalty: We may impose a penalty if you withdraw any of the principal before the maturity date.
- How the penalty works: If certificate funds other than dividends are withdrawn prior to maturity, a penalty is imposed. The penalty assessed may reduce the remaining balance after the withdrawal. If the amount withdrawn reduces the balance below the minimum balance required, the certificate will be canceled and the penalty will be taken from the entire principal balance
- Amount of penalty: The amount of the early withdrawal penalty is based on the term of your account. Term of 365 days or more = $25, plus 3% of the amount withdrawn. Term of 364 days or less = $25, plus 1% of the amount withdrawn. Earned dividends will not be subject to a penalty.
- Exceptions to Early Withdrawal Penalties: We may pay the account before maturity without imposing an early withdrawal penalty under the following circumstances:
- When an account owner dies or is determined legally incompetent by a court or other body of competent jurisdiction.
- Where the account is an Individual Retirement Account (IRA) and any portion is paid within seven (7) days after establishment; or where the account is an IRA and the owner attains age 59 1/2 or becomes disabled.
- Renewal Policy: Your account will automatically renew for another term upon maturity if we do not receive other instructions from you. These accounts do not have a grace period. Any changes to the account after the maturity date will result in withdrawal penalties.
- Nontransferable/Nonnegotiable: Your account is nontransferable and nonnegotiable. The funds in your account may not be pledged to secure any obligation of an owner, except obligations with the Credit Union.