Paying for your child’s education
Each year education costs rise and it gets harder to pay for a variety of school expenses, from common grade school supplies to more complex higher education tuition and fees.
Explore nine key questions
- When should a family start saving for their children’s education?
- What if your income is limited?
- What other family needs should you take care of before saving for higher education?
- What’s the best way to save?
- How much do you need to save?
- What if you haven’t saved and your child is nearing college age?
- What steps should you take to secure financial aid?
- What if the financial aid you’re offered isn’t enough?
- What combination of savings, assets, and loans makes sense for your family?
Other back-to-school financial education resources
- Smart Option Student Loan, a smart approach to paying for college.
- Planning tips and tools
- Pocket Cents helps youth learn how to save and plan now for the future.