Shred Days help to protect you from identity theft
Giving back to the community is one of the ways a credit union is different from a bank. Shred Days are a great example of that. By providing a free opportunity for you to shred your personal documents safely, we’re contributing to a larger effort to build safe, healthy communities.
2020 Shred events
- Corvallis: 10 a.m.-1 p.m. April 18, 2020; Benton County Event Center and Fairgrounds, 110 SW 53rd Street, Corvallis, OR 97333.
- Albany: 10 a.m.-1 p.m. June 13, 2020; Linn County Expo Center and Fairgrounds, 3700 Knox Butte Rd, Albany, OR, 97322.
- Central Coast: 10 a.m.-1 p.m. July 11; Newport Middle School, 825 NE 7th Street, Newport, OR 97365.
- Keizer: 10 a.m.-1 p.m. September 12; Volcanoes Stadium, 6700 Field of Dreams Way, Keizer, OR 97303.
- We’ll also be collecting canned and boxed food for the local food share program. If you want to make a voluntary donation, just bring your food item to the event.
Please note: We ONLY accept paper items. Please make sure your boxes do not contain other materials (batteries, remotes, shoes, socks, toys, etc.).
Results of past shred events
See event results from 2019.
Shredding: who, how, why
Shred Days are open to everyone – you don’t need to be a member of Oregon State Credit Union, you just need to gather the documents you want to shred. No need to remove staples, paper clips or bindings. You don’t even need to get out of your car. Just drive up and we’ll take care of the rest. Your sensitive information will be shredded onsite. Limit of three boxes per vehicle.
There are many reasons why you should shred documents that contain personal information. Shredding confidential information helps protect against identity theft and it’s good for the environment. Annually, people who bring their papers to our Shred Days prevent tons of material from being disposed in the landfill.
Shred even less -- sign up for paperless electronic statements after you enroll in online banking.
Go to main navigation