Debt consolidation Personal Loan
Consolidate high-interest debt into one monthly payment with an Oregon State Credit Union debt consolidation Personal Loan. You could pay less interest and reduce your debt faster.
Personal debt consolidation
Competitive rates — See disclosures, rates and fees.
Today's featured rates, Debt consolidation Personal Loans: APR low* 8.24%, APR high 17.99%; 12-36 months
See all rates and terms at the table below
Provides extra cash for a wide variety of planned and unplanned personal needs and expenses.
Repayment terms ranging from 12-60 months
Borrow between $250-$75,000
No application fee or early prepayment penalty
Rate discount for automatic payment transfers
Additional rate discounts for Enhanced or Premier Member Merits categories
Debt consolidation frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Q: What is a debt consolidation loan?
- A: It's a loan you take out and use to pay off other loans. The idea is to roll several debts into one single debt that is paid off with the debt consolidation loan.
Q: Can debt consolidation reduce your debt and improve your cash flow?
A: It depends on how you go about it. Guidelines include: consolidate the right debt, address your spending habits (we have free tools to help) and research your options. Click here for our debt and cash flow article.
Q: Can you reduce or eliminate debt without loans, credit counselors or agencies?
- A: Yes, you can. It will take time, patience and discipline. The sooner you begin, the sooner you'll gain financial benefits. Start now with our article, Seven steps to reduce debt and improve your credit score.
|Loan type||APR (Low)*||APR (High)||Repayment terms|
|Personal Loan||8.24%||17.99%||12-36 months|
|Personal Loan||13.49%||17.99%||37-60 months|
|Payday Advance||18.00%||18.00%||Up to 30 Days|
|Personal Line of Credit (PLOC)**||8.50%||17.25%||$25 or 2.50% of the total balance, whichever is greater.|
|For certificate secured loans***, the APR is set at 3% above the certificate's earning rate.|
|For savings secured loans****, the APR is set at 3% above the secured savings account's earning rate.|
* APR (Low) indicates the lowest annual percentage rate you may qualify for on the loan. The loan interest rates shown in the table are reflective of a range of rates available. All loans are subject to approval. You may qualify for the lowest rates published depending upon your credit qualification, the amount financed, receiving a 0.25% APR reduction by maintaining an automatic loan payment each month and 0.25% APR reduction for qualifying for the Premier Member Merits category.
Monthly loan payment examples
The following examples illustrate the expected monthly loan payments for members who qualify for the prime rate, premier member merit status and enroll in automatic monthly payments. A $5,000 Personal (Signature) Loan with 8.24% APR for 36 months has a monthly payment of $157.25. A $5,000 Personal (Signature) Loan with 13.49% APR for 60 months has a monthly payment of $115.00. If you delete your automatic payment request or the credit union terminates your automatic payment request due to insufficient available funds, this interest rate may be increased by one-quarter of one percent (0.25%) for the remaining term of the loan. This rate change will be reflected on your credit union statement.
** Personal line of credit is not eligible for the Member Merits or automatic payment decrease in APR. The Periodic Rate and corresponding Annual Percentage Rate for the Personal Line of Credit loan is calculated by adding a graduated margin (the margin is based on a risk based pricing tier) to the month end Prime Rate for the previous calendar month as published by the Federal Reserve. The Annual Percentage Rate will never be more than 18% or the maximum rate allowed by applicable law.
*** Advances secured by credit union certificates are made at a rate based upon the earning rate of the certificate. The Periodic Rate and the Annual Percentage Rate are set at the time of the advance that is the earning rate on the pledged certificate, plus 3%. For example, if you pledge an account earning 5.00% your Periodic Rate would be .021918% and your Annual Percentage Rate would be 8.00%. The actual rate will be disclosed on the Disbursement Receipt at the time of the advance.
**** There is a minimum periodic rate of .013699% which equals an Annual Percentage Rate of 5.0%
- The credit union may offer other rates in the future.
- We may be able to match rates from other lenders.
- All loans are subject to approval.