Seven steps to reduce debt and improve your credit score
Yes, it is possible to reduce or even eliminate your debt without resorting to credit counselors or agencies.
Be successful: stay disciplined and patient
You didn’t get into debt overnight (it just felt that way), and it will take time to get out of debt. Even if you don’t eliminate all your debt, making a significant reduction will reap benefits to your financial health. The sooner you begin, the sooner you can rebuild your financial life.
Start now with these steps
- Understand your debt
- Make a debt reduction plan
- Create a spending budget and stick to it
- Find ways to cut costs
- Discover the satisfaction of saving money
- Improve your credit score
- Learn 5 ways your credit score can affect your life