Make April fun with youth financial education activities and contest
Kids ages 3-18 will learn valuable money lessons by participating in our fun financial education activities happening April 1-28. All contest entries are due April 28 to be eligible for prize drawings. Winners will be contacted by the end of the day, May 5.
Contest entry and age category guidelines
Ages 3-6: Scottie coloring sheet
- Visit a branch to pick up a Scottie coloring sheet or download here.
- Drop off your finished coloring sheet at any branch or email a photo or scanned copy to email@example.com.
Prize: Scottie backpack or tote filled with fun prizes.
Entries will be judged by a credit union team.
Ages 7-12: Online games
- Explore our online financial education resource center for kids, then submit the online Scottie form.
Prize: Scottie backpack or tote bag filled with fun prizes. Winner will be selected by a random drawing.
Ages 13-18: Interactive simulation
- Complete the Are You Cyber Safe? for Teens and 50/30/20 Rule for Teens interactive simulation activities, then submit the online Teen form.
Prize: $50 gift card to Amazon® or Walmart. Winner will be selected by a random drawing.
- Contest submissions will be accepted April 1-28, 2023. One entry per child.
- Entries are divided into three age categories. Ages 3-6 will complete the Scottie coloring sheet. Ages 7-12 will explore our online financial resource center for kids and complete the online Scottie form. Ages 13-18 will complete the online coaching activities and submit the online Teen form.
- Three winners will be awarded for the 3-6 age category, and one winner will be awarded for both the 7-12 and the 13-18 age categories. Ages 3-6 will be awarded a Scottie prize backpack. Ages 7-12 will be entered in a drawing to win a Scottie prize tote bag. Ages 13-18 will be entered in a drawing to win a $50 Amazon or Walmart gift card.
- Coloring sheets must be turned in by close of business April 28, 2023, to be eligible for the prize.
- Coloring sheets may be turned in at any Oregon State Credit Union branch or emailed to: CommunityEd@oregonstatecu.com.
- Children of Oregon State Credit Union employees and official family are not eligible to win but are encouraged to participate and learn.
- No purchase necessary to win.
- Winners will be notified by email by the close of business Friday, May 5.
- After unsuccessful attempts to contact a winner by email on three separate days, that winner will be disqualified, and a new winner will be selected.
- Winners will be announced on oregonstatecu.com.
- Coloring sheet entries will be judged based on artistic quality and creativity by a panel of credit union employees. After exploring our online financial resource center for kids and filling out a registration form, a Scottie (7-12) will be determined by a random drawing. After completing the online classes and filling out a registration form, a Teen (13-18) winner will be determined by a random drawing.
- All judges’ decisions are final.
Use year-round financial education resources
Teach kids good money habits and keep the financial learning going all year.
- Visit our teacher and parent resources page for a list of helpful financial education resources for kids, youth and adults, including activities, books, games, and videos.
Youth saving accounts give kids hands-on saving experience
Go to main navigation