Home Buying Tips
Buying a home is an emotional experience and we’ve got some tips to make it easier.
- Get pre-approved for your mortgage. Oregon State Credit Union can pre-approve you for a home loan at any stage of the house-hunting process, enabling you to have better success when you’re shopping for your new home.
- Select a house that you can afford.
- Make a price offer you are comfortable paying for your new home.
- Budget for the post-move expenses. You’ll be amazed how many expenses can crop up right after you move, and no matter how carefully you think you’ve outlined the purchase agreement, you’re going to need to make some extra purchases. Having the money set aside will help you deal with the unexpected. And, on the off-chance you don’t spend the money, you’ve made a good start on an emergency fund.
- Make the down payment as large as possible.
- Pay for a high-quality inspector. He or she will be worth the extra money in the long run for what they can save you in extra expenses.